About Prince of Wales
Greetings everyone in the Prince of Wales Community
We believe in the adage that it takes a community to raise a child.
Well, here at Prince of Wales we are that community.
At Prince of Wales, we are dedicated to looking after the health and welfare of all our students - academically, socially, emotionally and physically. Our school council consists of staff and parents who want to ensure that the students here have the best possible school experience and work incredibly hard to enrich the lives of every student here at Prince of Wales. We encourage you to join and become active in our group.
We are extremely proud of the work that is being done in the school, classrooms and community to ensure the health and safety of our students as well as an academic program that is based on high standards and best classroom practice.
We are thrilled to be able to announce that we are continuing our Arts program here at Prince of Wales. All students will have the opportunity to create artistic works based on visual arts, drama and music. We are thrilled to be the only elementary school that is able to offer such a focused program and we look forward to being able to celebrate our success throughout the year with this initiative. Many thanks go out to the artists in our community who are joining with us to make this happen.
We are actively learning and applying what we know about being an effective school community. We are all continuing to develop or knowledge and application of concepts of assessment, curriculum and effective teaching practices, leadership, student voice, different pathways towards student success and community partnerships
We have staff leadership teams that work on the following areas of emphasis at Prince of Wales:
- Academic excellence and achievement
- Health and Safety of students and staff
- Ensuring a positive learning environment based on the need for respect and positive discipline
- Restorative programs for adults as well as students
- Extra-curricular events and programs
- Field trips that enrich and expand on the learning in the classroom
- A healthy and nutritious breakfast and snack program that sets students up to learn
- A clothing program through the community that allows us to support families as they manage clothing issues - especially in the winter
We are always looking for volunteers to assist in the classroom as well as in our library, computer lab and our Arts program. Anyone who is fluent in French and has time to volunteer in our very successful French Immersion program is encouraged to call the school and volunteer with this dynamic group of learners.
Please contact me at any time at the school - 743-8595.
Prince of Wales Public School